This course aims to describe and explain the key principles and characteristics of the AIF, AIFLNP and RAIF. It aims to describe the authorisation requirements and process for these three types of Funds and briefly describes the information that a Fund should provide to prospect investors before the submission to the fund of the subscription application for units of the Fund. It also aims to explain the various reporting obligations of a Fund. It provides examples of the organisational structures and describes in brief the key provisions of the External Manager, Depositary and Fund Administrator.
This course explains in summary the characteristics of an AIF, AIFLNP and RAIF. Each type of Fund can be authorised in different legal form with different characteristics. It provides information for the units of a Fund, the management and the organisational requirements. It describes the process and documentation for the authorisation of a Fund and provides details for the different functions of an internally managed Fund. It also describes in brief the key provisions of the External Manager, Depositary and Fund Administrator and provides information for the various reports and information that a Fund should provide to potential investors, as well as, the various reports and information that a Fund must submit to the Regulatory Authority.
The course is split into the following sections:
Section 1: The Key principles and characteristics of the different types of Funds
- A brief summary of the characteristics of an AIF, AIFLNP and RAIF
- The different legal forms of a Fund and the characteristics of each legal form
- The minimum initial capital and the minimum amount of capital to raise from investors at the beginning
- Description of the units of a Fund
- Who can manage a Fund in accordance with the Fund type and its legal form
Section 2: The authorisation requirements and process of the different types of Funds
- What is the process for the authorisation of each type of Fund
- What documents shall be submitted to the Regulatory Authority for granting the authorisation to a Fund
- Who shall submit the application for authorisation
- Notify any change in the information for the authorisation and the time needed for the authorisation
- The various specific conditions for the authorisation of each type of Fund
Section 3: The organisational requirements of the different types of Funds
- The organisational requirements of AIFs, AIFLNPs and RAIFs
- Which are the different departments of a Fund and their minimum requirements
- Examples of the organisational requirements of an internally managed AIF and AIFLNP
Section 4: The key players of the different types of Funds
- Which are the key players of a Fund
- A brief summary of the External Manager, the Depositary and the Fund Administrator
- Who can be appointed as the External Manager and Depositary in each type of Fund
- Assets not subject to Custody
- What specific conditions apply to an AIFLNP
- The resignation of the External Manager and what is the process to follow for its replacement
- The resignation of the Depositary and what is the process to follow for its replacement
Section 5: Information to Investors and Reporting Obligations
- Details of the various reports and information that a Fund should provide to potential investors
- When a Fund should provide information to potential investors
- Details of the various reporting obligations of a Fund
- What information a Fund should submit to the Regulatory Authority and the time for the submission of this information
This course may take up to 5 hours to be completed. However, actual study time differs as each learner uses their own training pace.
The course is addressed to:
This course is addressed to all individuals who are involved in the Funds’ industry such as:
- Employees of Funds
- Fund Managers
- Fund Administrators
- Fund consultants
- Professionals in the Funds’ industry
It is also suitable to professionals pursuing regulatory CPD for the renewal of the “Basic” and “Advance” CySEC Certificate or other relevant certificates in other jurisdictions.
The course is offered fully online using a self-paced approach. The learning units consist of power point presentations. Learners may start, stop and resume their training at any time.
At the end of the course, participants take a Quiz to complete the course and earn a Certificate of Completion once the Quiz has been passed successfully.
Accreditation and CPD Recognition
The course can be accredited by regulators and other bodies for 5 CPD Units that require CPD training in financial regulation.
Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association or other bodies in which you hold membership.
Registration and Access
To register to this course, click on the Take this course button to pay online and receive your access instantly. If you are purchasing this course on behalf of others, please be advised that you will need to create or use their personal profile before finalizing your payment.
Access to the course is valid for 60 days.
If you wish to receive an invoice instead of paying online, please Contact us by email. Talk to us for our special Corporate Group rates.
Andreas Nicolaides has more than 8-years experience in the financial Industry. He is the Operations Manager of G.P. GLOBAL LTD offering consulting services and training courses to Investment Firms, Administrative Service Providers and Funds focuses in Internal Audit, compliance & AML issues. He is a member of the Internal Audit team of G.P. GLOBAL LTD and is involved in numerous Internal Audits of Cyprus Investment Firms, Administrative Service Providers and Funds where he is engaged, among others, in the audit for compliance with the GDPR regulatory framework. He has completed a number of trainings on GDPR regulatory framework and assisted a number of Cyprus Investment Firms, Administrative Service Providers and Funds to comply with their GDPR legal obligations.
Andreas Nicolaides holds a BA in Business Management from the Northumbria University (Newcastle – UK). Andreas also holds an Advance and Money Laundering certificate from the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission for the provision of investment services/activities.
See more Courses from Andreas Nicolaides